Fall Skin Care Tips
Fall is here, and it’s time to transition your skin care routine to prepare for the change in weather. There are a few simple changes you can make to your skin care routine to easily avoid getting dry skin this season. As the days grow shorter, the temperatures drop, and the air becomes drier, your skin may lose precious moisture. Autumn is a time of transition, and the best autumn skin care routines will correct any summer damage that has occurred and prepare your skin for winter. Check on this great article from Woman’s Health> and adjust your skin care routine for fabulous fall skin.
Sun, chlorine, and saltwater may have taken a toll on your skin throughout the summer, so fall is a time to exfoliate and moisturize.
Follow these fall skin care tips for fabulous, healthy skin:
• Ditch the soap. Fragrant soapy scrubs might feel (and smell) wonderful after a day at the beach, but they leave your skin dry. When fall arrives, switch to a soap-free hydrating cleanser. It’s time to put away the gels and bring out the creamy body wash.
• Exfoliate with an oil-based scrub. The summer sun and chlorine may have left your skin feeling dry and flaky. Start the new season off with a full-body exfoliation session. Oil-based scrubs are wonderful because they exfoliate and hydrate.
• Switch from lotion to cream. As the air becomes drier, your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier, which means they both reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin and provide hydration to this layer of skin at the same time.
• Protect your lips. Start moisturizing now to prevent dry, cracked lips this winter. Use a non-petroleum based lip balm for best results.
• Invest in hand cream. Hands often become dry and cracked during fall and winter. An ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of cure. Start moisturizing your hands now to ensure soft, supple hands all winter long.
Fall is the perfect time to address the additional pigment, lines and
wrinkles the hot summer sun has left behind on your face, neck, chest,
hands and any other part of the body. Please visit our Fraxel in Atlanta page> and find out more. Consultations> are always complimentary.